Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's So Hot Here

Just to warn you, the events in today's post are not in chronological order.

It's so hot here, and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow!!! All I can think about is how glad I am that we're supposed to have cooler weather starting next week. I'm pretty sure we're in the triple digits right now, or at the very least close to it. Ugh!!! I don't know how I survived five months in the Philippines!!! It's much hotter and more humid there than it is here!

I really shouldn't be complaining. Ryan and his crew have been up on the roof working in the heat all week! He's completely exhausted at the end of the day, but doesn't seem to mind it all that much. He works so very hard and I'm proud of him!!

On Monday, Ryan moved out of his summer apartment (seminary housing on campus) and into his dorm. Yep, he's living in the dorms this year. Have I already mentioned that bit of info? I can't remember. Anyway, his roommate will be moving in a couple of weeks from now, so he's got the room all to himself for the time being! He also went to the bookstore to the books he'll need for the semester. I guess it's about that time!

Which reminds me...Ryan had to mention today that my test is coming up in less than a week. Eek!!! I'm feeling good about the whole thing. I've been really dedicated to studying everyday to freshen up my memory. It's been nearly a year since I've been to any births, so my brain was a little rusty when I cracked open my books for the first time in awhile.

I'm so excited to get back into all things midwifery!! My friend and classmate, Ondra, and I are in serious talks about starting a practice together. We're ready to take the plunge, so we'll see what happens.

My family left for a little R&R/camping at Silver Falls in Oregon starting on Sunday. Ryan and I weren't able to go because of work and studying, but that's okay. I did have an opportunity to join Mom, Dad, and Chloe for Tuesday night/Wednesday, so I grabbed it. The weather was incredibly beautiful, and we really enjoyed reading around our campfire and roasting hotdogs and smores.

Beth, Blake, and Vanessa are vacationing at Flathead Lake in Montana with our cousin Brooke and her family! I'm sure they're having a blast and taking lots of pictures!!! Hopefully we'll all get to go next summer!!!

Just a quick wedding update: We're 288 days away!!!

Bye for now!!!

0 comments: